Thursday, February 12, 2009


The girls will be packing their suitcases for their move this weekend.

It all started back in October when we came across a gorgeous 14 acre parcel of land located 15 minutes from our current farm. This property had so much of what we had always hoped for, a creek running though it, a hill where a house could be built to overlook the fields and it was surrounded by 4000 acres of crown land (government owned land that is leased to cattle ranchers for summer grazing). In early November we decided to test the local real estate market and list our farm. We really didn't expect much to happen until at least spring time. Well to our great surprise, we received a decent offer for the farm by early December. The one condition that the purchaser was firm about was a possession date of February 28th. Since the snow does not leave here until the end of March at the earliest, it makes for a challenging move. Since we have no house to move to, we are currently moving all our belongings into storage. Fortunately good friends of ours have agreed to take the Shetlands to their farm and lamb them for us. The alpacas are going to another alpaca breeder here in 100 Mile House for the duration we are away. When the ground finally thaws out (sometime in May) we will be building a basement and putting a modular home on it. Hopefully we will be living in our new home by August. Until then, we (and the dogs) will be travelling south in our 5th wheel holiday trailer returning to this area in late April or early May to start on our new home.


Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

I'm glad you got the property of your dreams, but I sure don't envy you the logistics!

Franna said...

What an exciting time for you two! I hope you're coming through Washington on your way South.
- Franna

Beth & Dennis said...

Yes, the next 6 months should be an interesting time!

We will let you know when we are coming through your area, and if you are around, we will stop by for a quick visit.